WHY SEND YOUR CHILD TO BALLET?
BALLET IS EVERYTHING
Body awareness—Ballet builds strong balance, spatial and kinesthetic awareness. It is important to understand ones own body. The disciplined and repetitive approach of ballet training encourages you to learn about anatomy and your own strengths and weaknesses. This will assist you in all dance styles, sports and life in general.
Balance—Ballet enables one to find both balance and co-ordination and builds core strength enabling the development of correct posture and grace.
Flexibility and strength—the combination of flexibility and strength training simultaneously develops long lean muscles and a full range of motion for all of the major muscle groups.
Resilience and Endurance-Ballet encourages a mental endurance as well as a physical resilience as children are taught that only through physical repetition and hard work will results appear.
- Dance Technique- The Technical skills of ballet assist all dance forms.
‘DON’T PRACTICE UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT, PRACTICE UNTIL YOU CAN’T GET IT WRONG’
- Friends-Ballet class provides an opportunity for children to meet and make friends outside the school environment.
- Social skills –Ballet class assist children to learn to challenge and support each other. The ability to dance for oneself as well as in a team and group encourages collaboration and unity in order to achieve the desired effect.
‘FRIENDS THAT DANCE TOGETHER, STAY TOGETHER’
Historical—Ballet teaches respect for and awareness about a beautiful, historical art form including the understanding of ballet repertoire.
Musicality—Ballet is unique among many sports in that it involves music in class, children learn about musicality, rhythm, and music appreciation.
Creativity—Ballet develops a sense of improvisation and artistry.
To learn a little French!
‘IT TAKES AN ATHLETE TO DANCE, BUT AN ARTIST TO BE A DANCER’
SELF ESTEEM AND CONFIDENCE
- Dancing in front of an audience-Performance requires building skills of staying focused and calm in a pressurized situation. This skill is extended beyond the stage.
- Reach your goals—Ballet assist in teaching an increased sense of focus, effective goal-setting, and accomplishment. Students that participate in ballet can achieve better academically.
- Learning to deal with disappointment-A life lesson that can only be experienced and not taught.
- Discipline—Ballet requires discipline in terms of attire, manners, etiquette and delayed gratification.
- Self respect- Ballet teaches one to show respect to oneself through healthy eating and exercise as well as nurture ones mind and emotions through celebrating personal triumphs and tolerating disappointment.
‘IT WILL COST YOU NOTHING TO DREAM AND EVERYTHING NOT TO’